Thursday 28 August 2008

short film script

It's such a good feeling when you get on a bit of a roll. I sat down today and wrote the first draft of a ten minute short film, straight off. I'd been jotting down notes for a few days after getting the idea last week, and now I've sent off a whole draft to a few trusted people for comments and feedback (which helps me to put it aside for a while so I can see it better myself). When I say 'a few trusted people' maybe I should point out that I'm in a writers' group that meets regularly for feedback and discussion of whatever work we are doing - so I've sent it to them. (I was going to say 'a small writers' group, but that conjures up quite the wrong impression.)
I know I'll regret sending it out as such a rough first draft when I see all the inconsistencies and jarring, clumsy over-written stuff. But if I didn't send it today it would be too late for the next group and I'd have tinkered with it so much I might have abandoned it by then. All this is irrelevant to me at the moment because I'm just so pleased to have got in the zone again. There were a million other things I should have done today but instead, once I got writing I just couldn't stop (heaves deep sigh of contentment).
Not only that but, thanks to the delights of frolicking in my private blog and the happy coincidence of talking to a director/actress /friend who wants to do a one-woman show, I have also had a great idea, complete with title, for a one-woman show, all full of light and dark and all that, and I've been writing daily snippets towards that with suspicious ease.
Long may it continue.

No comments: